London Square and Fenwick’s proposals for this derelict site would deliver a new, residential-led mixed use development in a prominent location in the heart of Kingston.
The existing, unsightly car park will be replaced with a new modern building that will help to deliver much-needed housing in Kingston town centre.
The proposals are shaped by the following key objectives:
- Deliver much need housing, including 35% affordable housing, in a central riverside location where people want to live and work;
- Provide an exciting modern addition to Kingston’s skyline, which also preserves the character of local heritage assets;
- Create new public realm on the riverside which will improve the pedestrian and cyclist experience on this busy stretch of the Riverside Walk;
- Provide new flexible commercial space on the ground floor which will appeal to local businesses;
- Transform this derelict and long term vacant site, which is allocated for redevelopment in the Royal Borough of Kingston-upon-Thames’ Local Plan, resulting in local investment and a catalyst for further improvements in this “forgotten quarter” of Kingston town centre.